This Blog thing...


Well, here I am in Montreal. Nice city, bad in the winter. They do not even plough their sidewalks. Come on!! I was a little disappointed, but I would love to go back sometime in the summer or anytime when three feet of snow do not cover the city. I stayed at a great hostel, Auberge Alternative, which I would recommend to anyone wanting to go to Montreal. Truly wonderful. http://www.auberge-alternative.qc.ca/ I think it was the best part of the city :)
So, I finally got a blog. I was hesitant to do so; why, I am not sure. Sometimes I think that this technology revolution is too much and we should all go back to the olden days of snail mail and pay phones, but then I realize how dependent I am on my cell phone and email, and I cannot complain. There are some things that are not worth resisting, so here I am sitting at the end of my two hour shift of work at the Tenley desk and have decided to participate in this next generation of communication. I am probably behind, and there is most likely something else that is now more popular, but hey, I have to take it one step at a time.


I made delicious carmelized bananas and I thought I would post the recipe:


(adjust as necessary)


SERVES 4:

4 bananas (ripe, so all yellow, maybe a little brown)

2 T. butter (use more as needed if it seems too dry)

2 T. brown sugar

1 t. cinnamon


Cut up bananas into a skillet. Add butter, and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the bananas. Start frying over medium to medium high heat for 5-8 minutes, until the bananas are soft and a nice sauce has developed. The bananas should be fully warmed and cooked through with the sauce. Serve with ice cream or with whipped cream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador