Mission Trip to Loo 2012


Returning home from meeting the locals and passing out gifts

With some of our spiritual and physical gift recipients

Highest point of the Philippine Highway System

Speaking to a group of 100 youth
With my students and the staff, we traveled as a group to Loo, Bugias, also known as the “salad bowl of the Philippines.” This area produces vegetables for most of the Philippines, traveling as far as the Visayas (one region of the Philippines, in which there are many islands). We traveled for the purpose of passing out Christmas gifts to children, as we spread the good news of Jesus Christ, the meaning of Christmas, and we conducted a free medical clinic and multiple fellowships with the youth, adults and children. Our itinerary was packed with blessings: we were blessed with good weather, safe travels, unity of spirit between the local people and church and the members of my group, and the ability to share material as well as spiritual encouragement with the church and the surrounding communities. 


I most enjoyed traveling far into the surrounding communities, spreading the good news of who Jesus Christ is—the Son of God and Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world and makes those who believe in him children of God—and the meaning of Christmas, as we passed out 1,000 gifts to kids ranging in ages from 2 years to 15 years old. The beauty of the area impressed me and awed me, as I thanked my Creator God, who fashioned and formed such intricacy of hills, flowers and trees. We even participated in the carrot harvest. I have never seen such big carrots! The youth, children and the adults appreciated our fellowships with their gift raffles, games and messages of encouragement and joy of the Lord God. My spirit is strengthened and my God glorified.

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (I Thessalonians 5: 16-18).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador