Back to Baguio 2013

I love the Cordillera Mountains that surround Baguio.

Most likely I have used this alliterative phrase before in my posts, but the meaning of the phrase has deepened, as I make more and more “back to Baguio” trips. Over the past four years, I have returned to Baguio five times. My “happy family” is always pleased to greet me, and I feel at home within this city and inside of this Bible school. I do not feel the pull to remain long-term in the Philippines, but I gather that I will return “back to Baguio” every year or every other year, Lord willing, to maintain my interaction with such wonderful groups of Christians and timely and effective ministries: the Happy Family Bible Training Center and others around the Philippine islands.  

"Your future is so bright that you better wear sunglasses!" Quote from Daniel McCarty

When I think back to the start of my extensive traveling in 2009, I could never have imagined that the Philippines would find itself on the top of my list of my favorite places on earth. I barely knew anything about the Philippines aside from having worked with a few Filipino nurses and the geographic location of this tremendously beautiful island country. Now, I would not consider a future without some involvement with the dear people I have met and spent time with here. 

Pastor Terry of Oasis Family Church and Menorah McCarty of Happy Family
Pastor Mark and Trina of Mark Hankins Ministries and Menorah McCarty of Happy Family
Since arriving back in the Philippines, the main theme has been “Come to the River”—Happy Family’s annual leadership conference. It was my third time to attend this powerful meeting, and what a glorious time was spent worshipping the Lord God in the Holy Spirit! I was refreshed in my spirit as I declared “Jesus is Lord,” and I was challenged to “Go Forward: there is much land, yet to be possessed” (the conference theme). How inspired I was for the remainder of my Asian trip—Malaysia, Myanmar and Vietnam are coming soon! I know that God is utilizing and will continue to use the expediently placed “Come to the River” conference to give me needed courage, strength and wisdom for what is to come both in Asia and upon my return to the U.S. in April. The Glory of God will be seen in 2013!

Morning delegates numbered about 400 while evening delegates numbered more than 700.   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador