Bright Fellowship

My last night in Baguio was absolutely delightful. It was Wednesday night chapel and they asked me to be the "preacher." I talked about the importance of understanding God's love in one's own life and giving of God's love freely to others not because anyone deserves to be loved but because God loves everyone and sent Jesus to be the ultimate sacrifice for everyone. I was so excited to give the message because it is something about which I have been feeling really keenly lately: the supreme importance of God's love and how one wants to be where that love is displayed. The Happy Family Overseas Training Center in Baguio is a place of light and warmth because they have learned how to give love like God loves: full of generosity and unassuming blessings.

The students danced for me and we ate sagobe, which is my favorite Filipino treat of purple yam, sweet potatoes, bananas and tapioca, all cooked together in coconut milk. Yum!!! We all danced and laughed and fellowshipped until I had to go to the bus station. The staff gave me presents and the students wrote funny little letters that made my soul smile. At the bus station, the staff waited with me, saying goodbye in the Filipino fashion--for 20 minutes--but it was more of a "See you later!" than a real goodbye because I will certainly be back. (Hopefully 2013 after my foray into the wilds of Africa!) What a wonderful vacation, replete with relaxation and refreshing for my spirit, body and soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador