Final Week

My final days passed quickly, as all my days passed on the farm. With many activities needing attention, I had no time to think of the end until it was upon me. Here is what I wrote for Finca La Amistad’s website (www.fincalaamistad.net):

In a short nine-week space, I experienced an enriching internship of diverse opportunities to get my hands dirty and to learn by doing. Waking up every morning to the vista surrounding Finca La Amistad gave me endless pleasure, and working in that environment was exceptional. I reveled in the chance to take a nearly empty garden and turn it into a productive plot, providing vegetables for our daily meals and for an occasional sale to customers. Shelly and Nelly are open to new ideas and praise work well done, and Karina is very knowledgeable regarding microorganisms and organic fertilizers. I will cherish my time here in Ecuador, and I bless their future efforts. I know that Finca La Amistad is going to be pivotal in launching a local organic movement that will change the face of Ibarra and Ecuador.

To cap off the internship, my mom came to visit the farm the day following my last day as an intern on the finca. It was a delight to show her around and welcome her to a little slice of Ecuadorean beauty. She and I are continuing our journey together for the next week. Bring on the adventure!


This is Christmas dinner. I am sad that I will not be able to eat him when they roast him up for Christmas.                      Ooh, he was so mean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador