Finishing touches

Farming is a continual process that concerns life and death in a rhythmic and unpredictable cycle, dependant on forces only God understands. I so appreciated learning about the work I could do to ensure the health of my plants and the soil while putting my faith in the work that God mysteriously accomplishes as small seeds grow into large plants or trees that give life to the earth and to its rulers. I pulled weeds, planted trees, watered sprouts, harvested okra and finished translating the book I had started last time I spent with Beer-Sheba.

Everything I undertook or was asked to look after, I completed with zest and joy. Being a creator of life in a world so bent on destruction and on inflicting immense pain on others, I found peace in immersing my strength in the restoration of the land and my heart in the pursuit of my Savior Jesus Christ. As a parting whisper of hope, I saw my garden plants sprouting and felt grateful for the ability to have cared for a small slice of this great mass we call earth.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador