Some pictures and comments



Okay, so this is me in Chicago, but hey, I had just received my French visa, so that was an important day for me. Man, was I glad to get that; like usual, I had to talk my way out of the specifics, but thank the Lord that good old fashion smoozing still works. I didnt have to bribe my way out of anything or use other more messy ways of getting a necessary document (you probably know what those methods are, so I do not need to elaborate :) Sometimes people can remain at the French consulate for the whole day, but I was in and out in a half hour...amazing! and something I attribute to the blessings of the Lord, I mean, I was kind of pushing it (three days before I left).

I just realized that I do not know how to operate this blog thing, so the pictures will remain as is, which is not where I want them, but whatever, I think that you can handle it. The pictures on the top are of my home, room, and the area where I live. Beautiful, right? I mean, come on, how French can you get. I was thinking to myself of a way to describe the way in which the house is decorated, and you know what I came up with, French country....hmm, I wonder why. Maybe because I am in the countryside of France. Strange how sometimes the labels really do match the actual thing. In this case, yes, French country decorative style in the US is very similar as the actual French countryside.

I do not miss the US, although I do tire easily from always speaking French. I know that it is a matter of acclimation, so I am sure that in a week, all will be well. I think, though, that my brain gets tired easily by having to work doubly hard with translation and speaking. I do not always make myself clear, okay, maybe the majority of the time, I speak some convoluted version French, even blurting out English from time to time. Imagine my surprise when someone tells me they do not understand me or have this confused look on their face, like, "I think she's speaking French, but I cannot be sure...better ask her to repeat!"

Well, so are the experiences in the beginning. It is a slow life here; the hours pass slowly, but I am really enjoying the sleep and the relaxing atmosphere, well, besides the screaming 2 year old (who is actually a very well-behaved little girl).


Comments

Unknown said…
Kelsey! I am just loving reading your blog! You are such a fabulous writer! Keep enjoying yourself. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. :)
Miss Flechter said…
ok, that was really becky leaving that comment... meggie was signed into my computer :) love you and hope you are having a fabulous time!

Popular posts from this blog

College Friends in China and Los Angeles

Mother-Daughter Trip to Ecuador